Wednesday, November 16, 2011

John Drebinger is stepping down-- do you buy it?

I fully believe that the reasons he has provided for this action are honest and true. I interviewed him for this class and got to know him on a personal basis as well, and he did talk about how busy he was and how much he was juggling. Therefore, the claim that he is resigning because of his inability to complete his tasks makes perfect sense and aligns with the humility I encountered when I met him.

John is very team-oriented, and it was clear that he just wanted the job done well for the good of Biola. He said himself that he didn't care if his name was remembered forever. He simply wanted to make improvements and leave our school better than when he got here, and since he didn't have the time to commit to it, I admire his mature decision to accept his limits. I trust his motives in stepping down.

Additionally, I spoke with Janine Marderian and Kelsey Seitz, two of the VPs. They both talked about what a team-oriented hard worker John was, and they seemed to place a lot of trust in him.

So yes, something scandalous could be under all of this. He could have been fired for some immorality inside of him that didn't come out in my interview with him. But I don't buy that. There may be a deeper reason other than "he was too busy." But I cannot believe that his statements are lies, because I know the man behind the role, and he would not blatantly lie to the student body.


No comments:

Post a Comment