Monday, October 17, 2011

How I rate my news article

I am content with my first-ever news article on the startup of Rich Kids Comedy. I think I provided some solid information to the reader, and they will hopefully want to read it because of the interesting lede.

I think my organization is clear and cohesive, and the story flows nicely. I tried to put in some sensory detail, like the sound of laughter and the sight of someone's eyes lighting up.

In the article, I tried to make the reader believe in the team and be dying to go see the show, and I think I did that to some extent.

The interviews I conducted were thorough and I got some great answers out of the interviewees. In listening to the recording, I saw ways in which I could improve my question-asking skills, so I'm excited to put those to the test in my next interview.

Overall, I am proud of the piece I'm about to turn in. I don't think it's perfect, but I do believe that it is a great start for someone so new to journalism.


No comments:

Post a Comment